Basic Membership Terms and Conditions
Health and Safety
We do reserve the right to refuse entry if we feel that your health and safety is at risk. We ask you comply with all reasonable requests from staff that relate to either your own or another member’s health and safety. Failure to do so may result in termination of your membership. Should this be the case no refunds of any fees paid will be applicable.
Health and Safety Induction
All members must attend a health and safety gym induction.
During this induction we will:
- Conduct a base-line health check.
- Demonstrate the basic health and safety features of the facility.
- Demonstrate basic use of the cardio equipment.
Please note that to gain maximum results from your membership you should book in for extra sessions with a trainer or enroll in one of our group training or nutrition courses.
During your base-line health check we may find pre-existing conditions detrimental to your ability to use the facility safely (e.g. unusually or dangerously high blood pressure). In this case we will notify you and request a clearance from your medical professional.
- Acceptance of my place in the gym health and safety induction
You will need to make a booking at reception for this appointment within the first week of signing up online. If you fail to do so you will automatically waiver out of this by agreeing to the waiver, membership and all its terms and conditions.
- Waiver of my place in the gym health and safety induction
I do not wish to attend my free health and safety induction. I understand that by not attending I may be putting myself at risk of injury through incorrect use of equipment.
Waiver of liability
I acknowledge that by participating in exercise and activities with True Woman’s Fitness and Well Being, I may be exposed to certain risks.
In consideration of my involvement in exercise routines or activities, or use of facilities provided by True Woman’s Fitness and Well-Being I agree to release & indemnify True Woman’s Fitness and Well Being as follows,
- I participate in the exercise routines or activities, or use the gym facilities at my sole risk and responsibility.
- I release, indemnify and hold harmless True Woman’s Fitness and Well Being, including its directors, employees and contractors from and against all and any actions or claims which may be made by me or on my behalf by other parties for or in respect of or arising out of an injury, loss, damage or death caused to my or my property whether by negligence, breach of contract or in any way whatsoever.
- I also agree that in the event I am injured or my property is damaged, I will bring no claim, legal or otherwise, against True Woman’s Fitness and Well Being in respect of that injury or damage.
- I agree that True Woman’s Fitness and Well-Being has made every effort to minimise my risk of injury, through offering me a free health and safety gym induction
Freezing of Membership
We offer a freezing facility on memberships, but conditions do apply. You may freeze your membership in the event of illness, injury, pregnancy or overseas travel (but we must sight your doctor’s certificate or overseas travel documents in order to freeze your membership). The minimum term for freezing is one month and the maximum term is six months. However, you may freeze your membership for up to 12 months in the case of your pregnancy. Please apply for any membership freezes with the club account manager. We require 7 days notice.
Termination of Membership
During the term of your membership you may wish to terminate your membership. A termination fee will apply and that will be the lesser of $150 or 25% of the remaining balance. Please contact the club account manager should you wish to terminate within the minimum term. We require 7 days notice.
Payments by direct debit using Debit Success
Should you wish to pay for your membership by direct debit, Debit Success will charge an admin fee of $25. This one off payment will be taken with your first weekly payment. Should you cancel your membership within the stand-down period this $25 fee will still apply and shall be paid to Debit Success.
Transferring your membership to another person
You may transfer the unexpired portion of your membership to another person. To transfer your membership to another person, please apply to the club accounts manager. All of the normal terms and conditions of membership and club entry will apply to the transferee. A transfer fee of $50 will apply.
During the course of your membership we will send you relevant emails and text messages about your account, offers, promotions or messages to help you achieve your goals. You agree to accept these electronic messages however, you may opt out of these at any time.
Children are not permitted in the gym. Unless they are with a guardian attending appropriate group fitness class and have signed all required forms.
If you fail to use your membership you will not be permitted a refund of your fees. We may provide other alternatives on a case by case basis. If at any time you feel that you have lost motivation please talk to any staff member. We are here to provide solutions for you.
Membership Barcode Cards
You must swipe your membership barcode card at reception for every visit. Your membership card is personal to you and must not in any circumstances be given to another person. There is a nominal charge of $4 for replacing lost or broken barcode cards.
24hr access to the gym is not included in your membership. You may upgrade to 24hr access at any time. Extra charges and terms and conditions apply.
- I wish to / do not wish (please delete as necessary) to upgrade to 24hr access at this time.
Terms and Conditions Amendments
True Woman’s Fitness and Well-Being reserves the right to vary these conditions at its discretion.
*By continuing you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions*